Yes, I know. John McCain was a prisoner of war and he survived to tell his tale. It's fortunate he survived and I commend him for his service, but as President he won’t prevail. He’s dangerous. He’s delusional. And he lacks the emotional stability and maturity for the job. Yes, he lacks the MATURITY for the job! He’s another privileged son of another privileged family who believes he’s entitled to the job. Well, he’s NOT!!
True, McCain suffered greatly as a POW, but to his good fortune when he did arrive home he was cloaked in his celebrity, provided every resource, and protected by his family – a decidedly different scenario from the isolation and lack of services lesser known vets are forced to endure. Their fates frequently result in homelessness, drug and alcohol addiction, and an inability to secure adequate medical and mental-health services for years - even decades. Not so for John McCain.
John McCain, the Admiral’s son, may have been a hero in war, but he'd been a self-indulgent party-boy long before he served - and a self-indulgent POWER-boy once he got back home. In truth, the moral high ground that Senator McCain feigns to tread has fallen by the wayside often in his life. His post Vietnam affair with current wife Cindy resulted in a divorce from his first wife and a cushy marriage to heiress, Cindy, whose well-connected father not only employed McCain, but introduced him to Arizona’s elite - which included such notables as Charles Keating, Jr., the convicted mastermind of Lincoln Savings and Loan that bilked 21,000 mostly elderly victims out of their life savings, and from whom Senator John McCain took money and gratuities.
Known and very popular cialis coupon which gives all the chance to receive a discount for a preparation which has to be available and exactly cialis coupons has been found in the distant room of this big house about which wood-grouses in the houses tell.
John McCain, the son and grandson of Admirals, was one of the infamous “Keating Five" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five), in a despicable case of white collar crime that riveted America for months, but for which the fortunate son (and son-in-law), McCain, received only a slap on the wrist. Oh, the luck of the ENTITLED!!
The fact is, despite McCain’s heroic military service during the Vietnam war, the quality of his character over the forty years since warrants scrutiny of the most critical kind. McCain’s life of power and privilege so closely resembles that of George W. Bush that the prospect of a John McCain presidency is cataclysmic. Though he lays claim to high moral standards, McCain, like Bush, will do anything to win - even if the result is the tragic death of innocents. John McCain, like George W. Bush, chooses warfare over negotiation and blood over words. It’s the Bush-McCain commandment of Thou Shalt NOT SPEAK which devolves into Thou -SHALT - Kill. They simply undo the "NOT."
For those who doubt the similarities of Bush & McCain, let's take a closer look:
- Bush & McCain both come from families of power
- Bush & McCain both were “partying” youths
- Bush & McCain both were low performing students
- Bush & McCain both had powerful fathers and grandfathers
- Bush & McCain both went to excellent schools because of their families
- Bush & McCain both pursued the careers of their fathers and grandfathers
- Bush & McCain both were given jobs through their families
- Bush & McCain both are sarcastic
- Bush & McCain both relish power
- Bush & McCain both like to dominate
- Bush & McCain both are quick to anger
- Bush & McCain both make reckless statements-“Bomb Iran"/“Bring It On”
- Bush & McCain both have dominant mothers
- Bush & McCain both are ruthless competitors
- Bush & McCain both want to win at all costs
- Bush & McCain both refuse to negotiate
- Bush & McCain both want to attack Iran which can cause the Third World War
Now compare Bush & McCain to Obama:
- Obama came from humble beginnings
- Obama barely knew his father
- Obama went to high school on scholarship and loans
- Obama admitted “partying” as a youth
- Obama became a stellar student
- Obama went to University NOT because of his family
- Obama went to the top of his class
- Obama got jobs on his own merit
- Obama worked at the community level
- Obama struggled with student debt
- Obama married a woman of humble means
- Obama was elected to office without family help
- Obama is measured and steady
- Obama is not quick to anger
- Obama believes in negotiation
- Obama wants to preserve the peace
- Obama believes in war as a LAST resort
- Obama is an adult
Obviously, anyone reading this piece can fault me on the subjective nature of my comparisons. Nonetheless, the similarities between Bush & McCain are undeniable – as are the differences between Bush & McCain and Barack Obama. Watching Obama’s calm, measured and thoughtful responses lead me to believe that he – the youngest of the three – is clearly the more adult.
For the past seven years the United States has been led by George W. Bush’s juvenile American exceptionalist ideology – which is similarly shared by McCain. America cannot survive another President with this dangerous, counterproductive and childish mentality. America desperately needs an adult.
That adult is Barack Obama.
by Linda Milazzo Hooray for Hollywood! Yes, I'm a believer. I'm not an 'ignoranti' who believes celebrities are vapid and have nothing to...
by Linda Milazzo "Americans can't handle another impeachment." So say the supporters of George W. Bush in their anti-impeachment...
by Linda Milazzo Other than 2002 Nobel Prize Laureate, Jimmy Carter, no American politician has spoken honestly about Israel's occupation of...
by Linda Milazzo The history of the United States is filled with prominent families who achieved wealth, power and influence...
by Linda Milazzo It was the year 2000. The new millennium. It featured a rising new star from a prominent American family. His name was George....
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites